Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Week 14

Chandler has been transferred to Coquille, Oregon and he is now on the coast.  He wasn't expecting to be transferred for some time, but I know that he is loving living so close to the ocean.  It sounds like he had some fun experiences this week.  I can't wait to sit down with him when he gets home so he can tell me all of his stories in person!  I'm sure he'll have us all laughing our heads off!

Here is a map showing where he is now:

Mom,

Yeah, I saw you!! I saw tons of people I know and I did see fanny pack teacher as well :P Haha! I'm jealous!!

So, transfers were today and I am now in Coquille on the coast!! My new companion is Elder Madsen who has been out for like 18 months now so, no, I'm no where near senior companion status, but we have a car!! That's exciting especially since it's cold and rainy here. Haha!

Let's see...this week an eight year old kid picked a fight with me and that was pretty funny. We just laughed at him and called him cute and then he flipped out on us because we called him cute. So this eight year old called me an a-hole and like legitimately wanted to fight so we left before anything went down. Haha! Shortly thereafter we met a legit witch who taught us the ways of Whicka (I think that's how you spell it...?) anyway she tried to convert us to become wizards of nature. We totally trolled her and just went along with everything because there was no use trying to convert her because she was not at all interested. But she really wanted to teach us about witchcraft so we listened and she like harnessed all of our negative energy in an obsidian rock and told us if we believed all of the negative energy will be removed from us. It was funny! It took everything for Elder Taito and I to remain calm and collected through this entire thing, but we did! Haha! 

I loved conference too! The best talks were Elder Holland and Lynn G. Robbins. They were hands down the best talks of the conference. We watched the Saturday sessions at a members house. Then we watched the priesthood session at the church and after we all went to pizza at this place called Bobbio's and the ward rented out the skyhook and so all of us men chilled up there eating pizza and watching the U of U @ UCLA game for an hour or so. It was a lot of fun! Then the Sunday morning we watched at the church and the Sunday afternoon session we watched at an excommunicated members house. So we got to watch all of them. However, I'm ashamed to admit I fell asleep during Richard G. Scott's talk, but who can blame me!? I'm a full time missionary who doesn't stop working ever. Haha! I get tired sometimes!

It's cool you guys are getting settled in at school and the ward. I hope they're all nice to y'all!! Anyway talk to you guys next week!! Love you all!!!

Love,
Elder Colton :)

No comments:

Post a Comment