Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 17

Chandler is doing really great!  He had a fun and random encounter this week.  He and his companion were having dinner with a family and the conversation turned to where each elder was from.  It turned out that this family had just recently moved from Utah and proceeded to tell Chandler where they used to live.  Chandler mentioned that his Aunt Jill lived in the same area and it turned out that they knew Jill because she was the YW president and taught their daughters.  Small world!




Mom,

This week was great! It rained like a mother but it was a good week. We taught a lot of lessons and got some new investigators that we can hopefully baptize next transfer. My cool experience this week you already know about but I met a family that knows Aunt Jill personally!? Crazy! We talked about that all of dinner it was so awesome! They're an awesome family we had a lot of fun last night it was a really cool experience. We taught an awesome lesson to a less active about the priesthood and it was amazing! The spirit was there and it just was a rocking lesson. I wish you could see this guy like 5 years ago and then now because he's changed soooo much! He's awesome! My companion and I are best buds! I'm hoping and praying for one more transfer together. We're like a dream team! Picture what Elder Taylor and Balledos were like and you have what me and Elder Madsen are like. There are a set of Sisters. So four. (The Sisters drive me crazy! :P ) We had an Elder in our zone involved in a hit and run. He was hit by the car and dislocated his knees and broke his hand. He's missing three teeth and has a concussion and also he's really scratched up. So yeah that's the cray cray thing that happened this week! 

I did get your package. Thank you so much! Thank you so very much it means a lot. I've been budgeting $20 a week but with the sudden influx of no dinners and high prices in Coquille I've quickly ran out of money. So thank you! We are making the trek to Coos Bay to the WalMart today but that'll take two hours and 60 of our miles out of our allotment. So we can't go very often.. Just the cereal bars and Pop-tarts make a huge difference. I'm set on shaving stuff for now but that would be awesome too. I'll let you now when I'm running low. 

I have a request? So if you could get email addresses from people from our old Ward and the new Ward and family as well if they're interested and tell them I'll be sending a mass weekly email out to all the people on the list so then that way I can email everybody at once. 

So how's the job? How's Meridian? How's the new home? How's getting old and having a son about to get the priesthood? ;) Haha! I hope things are going good for y'all back in Idaho! I love you!!!! Thanks for all you do mom!!! 

Love, 
Elder Colton :)

No comments:

Post a Comment