Saturday, September 20, 2014

Week 1

This was by far the worst week for me!  I can honestly say that I have never cried harder than I did the night we took Chandler to the MTC.  But, Chandler's first email home made me feel a lot better and when he asked me for more money, I knew that even though he was grown up, he would always need me!  Haha!

I will post Chandler's emails home, but I will sometimes edit them so that there is punctuation (yes, he is a high school graduate....).

Dear Family,  

The MTC is crazy! Its so freaking hard and we're always busy doing something. Yesterday we had an hour of downtime and me and two other Elders fell asleep on the floor of our classroom. It was the best nap ever! I'm having a lot of fun and I've made tons of friends! I have the best district in the MTC and we have way too much fun together. Its too bad like four of them are going to Washington so we won't get to see them for a long time. My new companion is lots of fun and we get together pretty well. I'm not used to this whole have someone glued to your side thing yet. It sometimes is annoying, but he's a great guy and I have fun with him. We have the opportunity to sit in 10 hours of class a day. That's just so much fun! Haha not ;) I'm teaching an investigator today at 7:15 that's going to be fun and go good I hope. I don't know if you got my letter but I need you to send like $80 everything here is expensive and I've had to buy a few things and so I'm down to quarters I blew through the sixty like it crazy. I forgot my razor I had to buy detergent I had to buy a clip for my badge so I can wear it on my T-Shirt I had to get highlighters for a class so I could mark my stuff and I had to get  stamps and envelopes AND paper. It was way expensive for that shopping trip haha :P  Oh! we had a devotional last night and it was amazing! Look up Josh Wright tonight he's an amazing LDS pianist who came and played for us last night it was the best devotional ever. I wish i could play piano like him.  It's tough here but a lot of fun and I'm learning lots! I'm taking as many pictures as I can but boy I have hardly any time so I only have a few. Thanks guys I miss you lots but I'll see you all in two years! Love ya guys! 

Love, 
Elder Colton :)

No comments:

Post a Comment